The risk of getting sick increases drastically as we grow old and our immune system becomes weaker, according to doctors. While it is recommended that you get a full physical check-up every 2 years, here are some quick tests you can try at home for your own peace of mind. These will only take about 30 seconds and let you know if everything is okay with your body or not.
Amazing Things on Earth has compiled a list of 5 super-quick tests that will tell you if there’s a need for you to visit a specialist or if there’s nothing to worry about.
1. Squeeze the roots of your nail firmly.
With your right thumb and index finger, put pressure on the top part of your left hands’ fingers by squeezing the roots of nails. Start with your thumb and hold for 3-5 seconds. After that, proceed to other fingers and repeat the same.
After you remove the pressure, blood should come rushing back in no more than 2 seconds. If it does, your body has sufficient blood flow. Your fingers are closely connected to your internal organs and if the above test was painful for you, there might be something wrong. Here’s what pain in different fingers means, according to experts:
- Thumb: If squeezing your thumb’s nail was painful to you, this might be a sign of a lung problem.
- Index finger: Closely associated with your large intestine, pain in this finger is an indication of colon troubles and constipation.
- Middle finger: Pain in your middle finger is a sign of heart problems.
- Ring finger: Ring finger is deeply associated with your heart and if squeezing the top of it was painful to you, it could be a sign of heart issues.
- Little finger: Pain in your little finger indicates problems with the small intestine.