To work on weak ankles you should do the following:
- Sitting down or standing up, raise one leg.
- Slowly rotate the foot of that leg in a circular motion.
- Repeat this 10 times in an inward circle and 10 times in outward circles for each leg.
For this next exercise, you’ll need a resistance band.
- Fix the band around the couch leg or any other standing piece of furniture.
- Put one of your legs under the other, slightly bent at the knee.
- Grab onto a resistance band with the foot of the leg on top.
- Slowly pull the band, bending your foot toward your head.
- Repeat this 10-15 times on each leg.
This incorporates the work of calf muscles and your inner and outer thigh muscles.